South Tampa Voice Therapy works with physicians and nonphysician providers to provide evidence-based treatment in our office, in the referring physician’s office, or in the patient’s home.
When Do Physicians Refer Patients to South Tampa Voice Therapy?
Physicians refer patients who display one or more of the following conditions:
Dysphonia- functional, pathologic, neurologic
- Vocal Cord Dysfunction (VCD) and chronic cough
- Transgender Voice Treatment
How Do Physicians Refer Their Patients?
For the convenience of physicians ordering voice/speech therapy, South Tampa Voice Therapy provides a Prescription Form. The form must specify: voice, swallow, or speech therapy evaluation and treatment with diagnosis, together with CPT Evaluation and Treatment Codes (below).
South Tampa Voice Therapy will complete an assessment and prepare a recommended plan of care for review and approval by the prescribing physician/medical provider. Patient treatment will be completed when physician approval has been received.
Relevant CPT Evaluation and Treatment codes:
Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES) 92612
Clinical Swallow Evaluation 92610
- Swallowing Therapy: 92526
- Behavioral and Qualitative Analysis of Voice and Resonance: CPT 92524
Laryngeal Function Studies (Acoustic assessment): CPT 92520
Evaluation of speech sound production (i.e., articulation, dysarthria): CPT 92522
Evaluation of speech sound production (e.g., articulation, dysarthria, expressive and receptive language): CPT 92523
Speech Therapy: CPT 92507
- Standard Cognitive Performance Testing: 92615
- Development of cognitive skills to improve attention, memory, problem solving, direct one-on-one patient contact by the provider; each 15 minutes: G0515 (Medicare); 97127 (non-Medicare)